Centuries ago, a hospice was a shelter for travelers; a place to find comfort during a long journey. Today hospice isn't a place, but a concept for end of life care that upholds a strong commitment to help patients and their families face end of life issues together, in the comfort and dignity of their own homes.
Wilshire Hospice’s interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, spiritual counselors, medical social workers, bereavement staff, therapists and volunteers work in concert to provide patients and their families with a full range of hospice and palliative care services that emphasizes quality of life, choice, dignity and family in the dying process.
Our services are available in San Luis Obispo County and Northern Santa Barbara County. Wilshire Hospice provides care, as may be needed, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week including services such as:
- Medications, medical equipment and supplies related to end of life diagnosis
- Home and/or extended care facility visits by nurses certified in and experienced with the care of hospice patients
- Pain Management
- Dietary Couseling
- Music Therapy
- Counseling and Emotional support for you and your family
- Spiritual and Bereavement support
- Trained volunteers for caregiver relief
Wilshire Hospice is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization and a member of the National Associaton of Hospice and Palliative Care and the California Hospice and Palliative Care Association.