Central Coast Heart, National Industry Experience.
We work where we love. We love where we live. Join us on in carrying out our mission on the Central Coast to help people live better lives.
Wilshire Health & Community Services is a progressive family of mission mission-driven agencies that offer a range of home health, hospice, and community-based services. At Wilshire, personal and professional growth are equally meaningful. We know that anything is possible with our team; we have some of the best clinical and administrative talent in the industry, but it’s our teams mission-based hearts that truly serve our clients and patients. We believe in doing whatever it takes to help our patients and clients live better lives.
At Wilshire Health & Community Services, everything we do can be traced back to the our values of high quality health care, a positive experience, and a better community. This commitment starts with our employees. Generous benefits support our team’s health and wellness, create a positive experience at work, and increase our capacity to make better communities. In addition to all of the standard benefits provided to employees such as Workers’ Compensation, Family Medical Leave/California Family Leave, Pregnancy Disability Leave, etc., we are pleased to offer the following additional benefits to qualified employees:
- Regular training and professional development opportunities for staff and managers
- Annual staff appreciation events
- 8 paid holidays
- Onsite annual wellness fairs
- Telecommuting and flexible scheduling options (Varies by agency/professional tract)
- Service anniversary awards
- Toastmasters on company time with incentives for speech completion
- $500 staff referral bonus
- Kitchens in all agencies
- Paid time off
- Upgrade program scholarships for approved certification and degree programs
- Gym membership discounts in some locations
- Verizon wireless Wireless discount of up to 22%
- Paid jury duty leave
- Bereavement leave
- Section 125 Cafeteria Health Plan
- Dental plan provided by Guardian
- Vision plan provided by V.S.P.
- Voluntary insurance Benefits benefits provided by AFLAC
- Short-Term Personal Disability Income Protector Plan provided by AFLAC
- Life Protector Plan provided by AFLAC
- Life Insurance ($25,000 paid for employees’ coverage by the company)
- 403(b) Savings Plan
Wilshire Corporate Positions
Join our executive leadership, with over 20 years on the Central Coast and national experience in the health and non-profit world. We believe in leading and serving with innovation, trust and compassion.
No Positions Available
Wilshire Hospice Positions
Be a part of a comprehensive and compassionate team of professionals. Our clinical team works together with physicians, nurses, therapists, musicians and counselors meeting the needs of our patients and their families.
No Positions Available
Wilshire Home Health Positions
Join our home health care team, whose comprehensive care allow healing to take place in the home. Lead by our Medical Director our team of RN nurses, therapists and aides work together to support patients and families on the Central Coast.
Under the direction of the Director of Patient Care Services and/or Rehabilitation Supervisor, the Physical Therapist develops and implements a plan for providing physical rehabilitation and home therapeutic treatment, as well as education of patients, family members, and significant others.
Core Performance Requirements
1. Completes a minimum of 5 patient visits in an eight‐hour work day and meeting related productivity standards established by the Agency.
2. Conducts self following safe practices on the job leading to 1% or fewer clinical errors.
3. Establishes and maintains a successful Clinician/Patient relationships and achieving 90% or above satisfaction rates (patient/family surveys).
4. Manages each visit efficiently in relation to the goals of the care plan.
5. Demonstrates effective problem solving, good judgment, and confidential handling of sensitive information.
6. Demonstrates accurate and timely documentation in accordance with established regulations.
7. Adheres to applicable State and Federal regulations governing home health, and Agency policies and procedures.
8. Communicates in a professional and courteous manner with with patients/families, colleagues, and supervisors, along with having no serious patient complaints reported in the past year
1. Current licensure as a Physical Therapist in the State of California.
2. Graduation from a physical therapy curriculum approved by the American Physical Therapy Association.
3. A minimum of one year’s experience as a Physical Therapist is required. Experience as a Physical Therapist in home health is preferred.
4. Current CPR card required.
Wilshire Home Health currently has openings for full time Registered Nurses in our San Luis Obispo and Northern Santa Barbara County service areas. We offer independence and flexible schedules, competitive pay and mileage reimbursement; all while loving where you work!
Under the direction and supervision of the Clinical Supervisor, the Registered Nurse is responsible for the comprehensive nursing care of assigned patients which includes recognition of emotional, social and cultural factors, encouragement of self‐respect and self‐esteem, guidance toward rational and socially acceptable behavior and implementation of restorative nursing care measures; and for supervision and training of nursing personnel who assist in provision of care to the assigned patients. Full‐time Registered Nurse will act as Case Manager for specific assigned cases, coordinating patient care, and collaborating with other disciplines involved in the patient’s care.
Graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. BSN preferred
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply basic principles of nursing care.
Experience and/or education in the area of the aged, chronically ill, restorative nursing, and/or psychiatric nursing.
One or more years experience as a Registered Nurse is required; Med‐Surg experience preferred.
Current venipuncture experience and IV skills. Current CPR card required.
Wilshire Home Health currently has an opening for a Occupational Therapist. We offer independence and flexible schedules, competitive pay and mileage reimbursement; all while loving where you work!
Under the direction of the Director of Patient Care Services and/or the Rehabilitation Supervisor, the Occupational Therapist develops and implements a plan for providing rehabilitation home therapeutic treatment as well as education of patients, family members and significant others. This position also coordinates with other home health staff to provide an efficient integration of care.
– Current registration as an Occupational Therapist from the American Occupational Therapy Association.
– A minimum of one year’s experience as an Occupational Therapist is required.
– Experience as an Occupational Therapist in home health is preferred.
– Current CPR card required.
Quality Review Nurse
Wilshire Home Health currently has an opening for a Quality Review Nurse. We offer independence and flexible schedules, competitive pay and mileage reimbursement; all while loving where you work!
Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Quality, the Quality Review Nurse performs a wide range of professional duties related to agency quality. Assigned duties are performed within the framework of policies and standards set by management, which have been developed to ensure quality patient care and compliance with regulatory agencies.
-Graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
-Current licensure by the state of California as a registered nurse with at least 2 years experience in home health/hospice or
community health within the last 5 years.
-Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply advanced principles of nursing care.
-Demonstrated leadership ability, teaching skills, and the capability to work effective with all levels of personnel.
-Demonstrated self care practices preferred and must be C.P.R. Certified.
-Home Health / OASIS and QAPI experienced preferred.
Wilshire Home Health currently has an opening for a Team Assistant to support our clinical team all while supporting the broader mission of Wilshire and loving where you work!
Under the direction and supervision of the Clinical Manager the Team Assistant is responsible for coordinating schedules for patients and field staff and facilitating communication between patients, field staff and Clinical Managers.
-High School diploma or equivalent.
-Knowledge of Home Health and/or Hospice office procedures.
-Ability to retain pertinent information.
-Ability to type and use computer.
LVN Team Assistant
Wilshire Home Health currently has an opening for a LVN Team Assistant to support our clinical team; bring your skills to our organization, support our mission of helping people live a better life, all while loving where you work!
Under the direction of the Director of Patient Care Services /Clinical manager, the LVN Team Assistant performs a wide variety of duties that are related to scheduling, patient communication, staff communication as directed. Assigned duties are performed within the framework of policies and standards set by the management.
-Graduated from a state-approved vocational school of nursing.
-Currently licensed as a vocational nurse in the State of California.
-Demonstrates knowledge of and ability to apply basic principles of nursing care.
-Experience/education in senior car, chronically ill, restorative nursing, and/or psychiatric nursing.
-One or more years experience as a staff nurse desirable and Med-Surg experience preferred.
-Current venipuncture experience required and state certification is desirable.
-Current CPR card required.
Wilshire Community Services Positions
Be a part of our Wilshire Community Services family. As a team of coordinators, managers, and clinicians we work together as a family to serve older adults in San Luis Obispo County.
Medical Services Specialist
Under direction, The Medical Services Specialist works within a multi-disciplinary team setting to support programs in Wilshire Community Services and Wilshire Connected Care.
The Medical Services Specialist provides services to clients enrolled in the Full Service Partnership Program, a program operated through WCS. The Medical Services Specialist ensures that clients receive appropriate medication and medical support in order to meet their treatment goals. The Medical Services Specialist is specifically responsible for assessing physical health needs; coordinating care with appropriate medical professionals as needed; providing medication education, administration, and evaluation; and working closely with the clients’ treatment team to ensure that medical resources, including medications, are being effectively utilized.
The Medical Services Specialist supports all aspects of WCC Primary Care Practice support services, including: patient triage, scheduling, and assessment. The Medical Services Specialist supports the Coordinator by working collaboratively with physicians, advance practice practitioners, and other ancillary personnel involved directly, and indirectly, to facilitate patient care.
Must hold an LVN or RN degree from an accredited professional program/school, and a minimum of 2 years of experience. Must be currently licensed by the state of California and in good standing with the appropriate State Board or regulatory agency.
Under the direction and supervision of the Administrative Services Coordinator, the Receptionist performs a wide variety of clerical duties for Wilshire Community Services and the Corporate office of Wilshire Health and Community Services. The Receptionist is responsible for contributing to the overall experience of guests by creating and maintaining an environment that is “welcoming” and conveys a sense of positive space and accepting attitudes. Also responsible for the daily mail, interoffice mail and courier.
1. Demonstrates a courteous and helpful manner with a high degree of awareness of public relations
2. Answers and directs all incoming phone calls, accurately taking, recording, and distributing messages as required.
3. Demonstrates effective problem solving skills, good judgment, excellent communication and confidential handling of sensitive information.
4. Greets guests of WCS and the Corporate Office in a professional and welcoming manner assuring that their comfort and service needs are addressed efficiently with a focus on client satisfaction and support.
5. Works with WHCS Corporate Administrative Assistant to meet the purchasing and facility needs of WCS.
6. Prepares reports, correspondence, and spreadsheets as related to WCS activities and as requested by the Administrator of WCS.
-Demonstrated professionalism, analytical problem solving skills, project follow-through, and sensitivity to confidential information.
-Demonstrated knowledge of excellent verbal and written communication skills.
-AA Degree and/or BA/BS Degree in communication, business, organizational development, or related field preferred.
-Mastery in required computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
-Experience in administrative support and health care field preferred.
Creative Mediation Positions
Join our Creative Mediation family, as we continue to help make San Luis Obispo County a better place to live as your local community mediation center. We are a team of expert mediators and training professionals, who provide a suite of conflict resolution services to the community.
Join our team of volunteer mediators. This in-depth and dedicated volunteer opportunity allows our community to be a part of the mediation process.
Volunteers complete comprehensive training, advanced training, observations and practical evaluations over a 6 month period of time.
Interested learning more? You can begin by taking our Elements of Mediation training, held twice a year. Learn more by visiting Creative Mediation’s training page.