Central Coast Heart, National Industry Experience.
We work where we love. We love where we live. Join us on in carrying out our mission on the Central Coast to help people live better lives.
Wilshire Health & Community Services is a progressive family of mission mission-driven agencies that offer a range of home health, hospice, and community-based services. At Wilshire, personal and professional growth are equally meaningful. We know that anything is possible with our team; we have some of the best clinical and administrative talent in the industry, but it’s our teams mission-based hearts that truly serve our clients and patients. We believe in doing whatever it takes to help our patients and clients live better lives.
At Wilshire Health & Community Services, everything we do can be traced back to the our values of high quality health care, a positive experience, and a better community. This commitment starts with our employees. Generous benefits support our team’s health and wellness, create a positive experience at work, and increase our capacity to make better communities. In addition to all of the standard benefits provided to employees such as Workers’ Compensation, Family Medical Leave/California Family Leave, Pregnancy Disability Leave, etc., we are pleased to offer the following additional benefits to qualified employees:
- Regular training and professional development opportunities for staff and managers
- Annual staff appreciation events
- 8 paid holidays
- Onsite annual wellness fairs
- Telecommuting and flexible scheduling options (Varies by agency/professional tract)
- Service anniversary awards
- Toastmasters on company time with incentives for speech completion
- $500 staff referral bonus
- Kitchens in all agencies
- Paid time off
- Upgrade program scholarships for approved certification and degree programs
- Gym membership discounts in some locations
- Verizon wireless Wireless discount of up to 22%
- Paid jury duty leave
- Bereavement leave
- Section 125 Cafeteria Health Plan
- Dental plan provided by Guardian
- Vision plan provided by V.S.P.
- Voluntary insurance Benefits benefits provided by AFLAC
- Short-Term Personal Disability Income Protector Plan provided by AFLAC
- Life Protector Plan provided by AFLAC
- Life Insurance ($25,000 paid for employees’ coverage by the company)
- 403(b) Savings Plan
Wilshire Corporate Positions
Join our executive leadership, with over 20 years on the Central Coast and national experience in the health and non-profit world. We believe in leading and serving with innovation, trust and compassion.
No Positions Available
Wilshire Hospice Positions
Be a part of a comprehensive and compassionate team of professionals. Our clinical team works together with physicians, nurses, therapists, musicians and counselors meeting the needs of our patients and their families.
RN Nurse: Full Time and 11-8
Wilshire Hospice currently has openings for full time and part time Registered Nurses in our San Luis Obispo and Northern Santa Barbara County service areas. We offer independence and flexible schedules, competitive pay and mileage reimbursement; all while loving where you work!
Under the direction and supervision of the Clinical Supervisor, the Registered Nurse is responsible for the comprehensive nursing care of assigned patients which includes recognition of emotional, social and cultural factors, encouragement of self‐respect and self‐esteem, guidance toward rational and socially acceptable behavior and implementation of restorative nursing care measures; and for supervision and training of nursing personnel who assist in provision of care to the assigned patients. Full‐time Registered Nurse will act as Case Manager for specific assigned cases, coordinating patient care, and collaborating with other disciplines involved in the patient’s care.
Graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. BSN preferred
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply basic principles of nursing care.
Experience and/or education in the area of the aged, chronically ill, restorative nursing, and/or psychiatric nursing.
One or more years experience as a Registered Nurse is required; Med‐Surg experience preferred.
Current venipuncture experience and IV skills. Current CPR card required.
Certified Home Health Aid
Under the direction and supervision of the Clinical Supervisor or designee, the Home Health Aide performs tasks that involve specific services for the patients, which are supportive and complementary to nursing and therapy practices.
Graduation from high school or equivalent.
Current certification by the California Department of Health Services as a Certified Home Health Aide.
Satisfactory score on pre‐employment competency exam.
Previous experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant and/or Home Health Aide is preferred.
Current CPR card required.
Under the general direction of the Director of Patient Care Services, the Spiritual Counselor develops and conducts a spiritual counseling program for clients and their families and conducts a program for patients/families that supports them in exploring and utilizing the spiritual resources available to them.
Core Performance Requirements
1. Completes initial assessment of all new admissions per Medicare regulation timeline.
2. Assesses the spiritual needs of patients and their families and implements plan of care that provides direct spiritual support and
counseling as appropriate
3. Is a compassionate, empathic listener for patients, families and staff
4. Communicates effectively with Interdisciplinary team members to keep all informed of patient’s spiritual needs and implications for care.
5. Possesses the ability to guide small and large groups in meaningful reflections
6. Maintains the ability to adapt to changing physical, emotional, and spiritual climates while with patients and family members
Bachelors Degree in Theology, Religious Studies, or related course of study required.
Specialized training in spiritual counseling and/or Masters Degree in Theology preferred.
Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) (which is for people of all faiths) highly recommended.
Under the direction and supervision of the Bereavement Manager, the Bereavement Counselor develops and coordinates the Hospice Bereavement program including bereavement follow‐up, risk assessment, information and referrals, and patient advocacy activities.
Core Performance Requirements
1. In collaboration with the IDT provides anticipatory grief counseling to patients/families/ caregivers following agency protocol for care
planning and documentation.
2. Collaborates with other Bereavement Counselors to ensure Bereavement Program has adequate coverage to meet the needs of the
patients/families and agency.
3. Makes appropriate referrals to Medical Social Workers, other disciplines or community resources for complicated grief.
4. Actively participates as member of the Hospice Interdisciplinary Team.
5. Effectively plans and organizes workflow and assignments to maximize out‐put and efficiency.
A Bachelor’s Degree in social work, psychology or related field is preferred.
Minimum one year experience in hospice, bereavement or grief work is required.
Bereavement Support Clerk
Under the direction and supervision of the Bereavement Manager, the Hospice Clerk II – Bereavement Support performs specific tasks that support the bereavement program and services for the Hospice program.
Core Performance Requirements
1. Generates a bereavement field chart for each patient admitted to the hospice program, which includes the patient face sheet and the Bereavement Risk Assessment identified by Form B. condolence and envelope.
2. Initiates the Bereavement Initial Follow‐up Assessment Form half sheet to include the patient name, Medical Record number, the bereaved name and date of death.
3. For each IDT meeting, identifies the patients who have died during the previous week, initiating the Bereavement Follow‐up Assessment Form B, completing the patient name, date of death and the bereaved name, if known.
4. After the Bereavement Follow‐up Assessment Form B has been completed at IDT, reviews the form to ensure completeness with all required signatures and sends the original to Medical Records and files the copy into the Bereavement field chart.
5. Identifies date that the bereaved is to be contacted per the IDT recommendations and distributes those calls to appropriate bereavement counselor. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Minimum one year experience in hospice, bereavement or grief work is preferred.
Excellent communication skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
Knowledge of general office procedures and customer service.
Demonstrate ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
Wilshire Home Health Positions
Join our home health care team, whose comprehensive care allow healing to take place in the home. Lead by our Medical Director our team of RN nurses, therapists and aides work together to support patients and families on the Central Coast.
Medical Records Coordinator
Wilshire Home Health currently has an openings for a Medical Records Coordinator in San Luis Obispo.
Under the direction and supervision of and working closely with the Director of Office Operations, the Medical Records Coordinator oversees and is responsible for the medical records department and maintains the policies and procedures established for the record keeping of all paper medical carts for all sites.
1) High School diploma or equivalent.
2) Able to type with accuracy.
3) Computer competent.
4) Knowledge of medical records filing system.
5) Knowledge of medical terminology desired.
6) Able to communicate effectively.
7) Able to handle a variety of tasks at a quick pace.
8) Able to work independently.
Under the direction of the Director of Patient Care Services and/or Rehabilitation Supervisor, the Physical Therapist develops and implements a plan for providing physical rehabilitation and home therapeutic treatment, as well as education of patients, family members, and significant others.
Core Performance Requirements
1. Completes a minimum of 5 patient visits in an eight‐hour work day and meeting related productivity standards established by the Agency.
2. Conducts self following safe practices on the job leading to 1% or fewer clinical errors.
3. Establishes and maintains a successful Clinician/Patient relationships and achieving 90% or above satisfaction rates (patient/family surveys).
4. Manages each visit efficiently in relation to the goals of the care plan.
5. Demonstrates effective problem solving, good judgment, and confidential handling of sensitive information.
6. Demonstrates accurate and timely documentation in accordance with established regulations.
7. Adheres to applicable State and Federal regulations governing home health, and Agency policies and procedures.
8. Communicates in a professional and courteous manner with with patients/families, colleagues, and supervisors, along with having no serious patient complaints reported in the past year
1. Current licensure as a Physical Therapist in the State of California.
2. Graduation from a physical therapy curriculum approved by the American Physical Therapy Association.
3. A minimum of one year’s experience as a Physical Therapist is required. Experience as a Physical Therapist in home health is preferred.
4. Current CPR card required.
Wilshire Community Services Positions
Be a part of our Wilshire Community Services family. As a team of coordinators, managers, and clinicians we work together as a family to serve older adults in San Luis Obispo County.
No Positions Available
Creative Mediation Positions
Join our Creative Mediation family, as we continue to help make San Luis Obispo County a better place to live as your local community mediation center. We are a team of expert mediators and training professionals, who provide a suite of conflict resolution services to the community.
Join our team of volunteer mediators. This in-depth and dedicated volunteer opportunity allows our community to be a part of the mediation process.
Volunteers complete comprehensive training, advanced training, observations and practical evaluations over a 6 month period of time.
Interested learning more? You can begin by taking our Elements of Mediation training, held twice a year. Learn more by visiting Creative Mediation’s training page.