Wilshire Hospice Hope Chest
Wilshire Hospice Hope Chest is San Luis Obispo’s Ultimate Thrift store. Conveniently located Downtown San Luis Obispo at 445 Higuera Street, at the corner of Higuera and Carmel Streets, we pride ourselves on great thrift store quality, supported by local volunteers, and driven by the mission to help people live a better life. Hope Chest proceeds go to assisting uninsured and underinsured Wilshire Hospice patients and their families. Together we can make a difference in the quality of life for patients in need on the Central Coast.
Shop with us Monday through Friday, 10am-5pm
Donate Monday through Friday, from 9am-1pm
Thank you so much for thinking of the Wilshire Hospice Hope Chest Thrift Store for your gently used donations. We are grateful for your continued support during this time. As a result of COVID-19, our shopping hours and donation procedures have changed. Please read them carefully so that we can work together to process your donations:
Wilshire Hospice’s Hope Chest Thrift Store is excited to announce that we have re-opened for shopping! Hope Chest’s new business hours will be Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 5p.m. In an effort to keep staff and customers safe, Hope Chest customers will be required to follow all State and County guidelines for safety including required face masks, and proper social distancing both inside and outside the store. Additionally, each person entering the store will have their temperature checked.
Please be prepared to stand in line to enter the store during busier shopping hours to meet social distancing safety requirements for shoppers and staff.
We are accepting walk-in donations Monday through Friday, from 9am-1pm. Please continue to check our website for any date, time or policy changes.
HOW TO PACKAGE YOUR ITEMS FOR SAFE DONATING
1. Package your items in cardboard boxes, paper bags, plastic bags or plastic bins.
2. Categorize items together i.e.: clothing, glassware, books, kitchenware, housewares, etc.
3. Please donate items that are gently used and in working condition. We respectfully ask that items be clean, including: no tear rips, stains, fluids, pet damage etc. We especially will not accept donations with visible bodily fluids.
DROP-OFF PROCESS FOR DONATIONS
1. A properly worn mask is required of both staff and donor in the donation drop-off process.
2. For your safety, there will be a designated and marked drop-off site that will allow for contactless donation drop-offs.
3. We are unable to assist donors in transferring their items from their car. Please bring an extra person or two if you need help lifting items.
Thank you for honoring this donation process, while continuing to support our thrift store and the mission of the work at Wilshire Hospice. Our goal is to keep staff, volunteers, customers and donors safe while we work together to serve the community. Our motto is “whistle while we work” and we want to remain positive during this difficult time so please bear with us. We appreciate your continued support!
We’re on Instagram
Follow the Hope Chest on Instagram to see new and fun items as they come into the store!